Wednesday 15 January 2014

My Kitsch Collections

I'm realising that I have more than your average number of collections. But it's all good, right?

Blythe and Sonny Angel Dolls

I have a few Blythe dolls in my collection but I'm still without the holy grail, that is an original 1972 Kenner.
The old girl's done well and from a shelf price of around $5 back in the year I was born, an original Kenner Blythe doll is now worth up to £2000.

Blythe doll collection

Japanese Pose Dolls

I bought my first Pose Doll about 10 years ago. Back then I had no idea what she was, I just knew that I loved her long legs and that her subtle oriental features reminded me of my baby girl.
It wasn't until I out about Blythe, that I found my first information about these stunning, delicate Pose Dolls.

Vintage Japanese Pose Dolls


Kitsch Vintage Cats

I've had these for years but it's only recently that they have multiplied at such a dramatic rate!


Kitsch Vintage Cats



Vintage Big Eye Art

My Big Eye Art is so vast that it gets a page all of it's own. My aim is to build it into the biggest single collection of this kitschy, popular, throw away, art form. I'm always on the look out for new pieces and especially for original artwork (not prints).

Kitsch deer, Sonny Angel, Blythe dolls

Future Vintage Kitsch Classics

I'm not blinkered in my love of kitsch and there are lots of modern classics out there that are well worth getting into now. Check out Lapin and Me for their cute Woodland Dolls and BirdKids for their
 Sonny Angel Dolls.

1 comment :

  1. I am amazed by your collections. Not sure where you fit them all. I had never heard of pose dolls but I am now wanting to see one. I've wanted a blythe for years.

    ReplyDelete